Northern Empire Expands Sterling Property to 116 Square Kilometers
Vancouver, B.C. – October 23, 2017 – Northern Empire Resources Corp. (TSXV: NM) (the “Company” or “Northern Empire”) today announced that it has staked an additional 261 claims as part of the Sterling Property located in Nye County, Nevada.
This staking further solidifies the Company’s position as the dominant landholder in the Bare Mountains, a district which includes the past producing Sterling, 144, Daisy, Secret Pass and Mother Lode Deposits. The Sterling Mine, owned by Northern Empire, is permitted to restart open pit operations.
Michael G. Allen, President, CEO and Director stated: “Our recently complied geophysical survey identified a range front structure that extends for several kilometers on the eastern flank of the Bare Mountains. Hyperspectral data identified areas of alteration at key geological contacts that have been proven to host deposits on our property. Our geological team will be assessing these targets in the coming weeks.”
First Vertical Derivative RTP Image Link
Sterling Property Highlights
- High Grade Gold in Nevada. Total inferred resources on the Sterling Property were estimated at 709,000 oz Au with an average grade of 2.23 g/t Au.
|Sterling Project Inferred Resource Summary Effective March 29, 2017|
|Deposit||Cutoff (g/t Au)||Tonnes||g/t Au||In Place Au Oz|
|Sterling Pit Constrained*||1.0||1,958,000||3.67||231,000|
|Sterling Non-Pit Constrained*||1.7||350,000||3.38||38,000|
|Daisy Pit Constrained||1.0||2,556,000||2.12||174,000|
|Secret Pass Pit Constrained||1.0||3,534,000||1.65||188,000|
|SNA Pit Constrained||1.0||1,510,000||1.61||78,000|
* Resource calculated based on CN soluble assays.
- CIM definitions are followed for classification of Mineral Resource.
- Mineral Resource surface pit extent has been estimated using a gold price of US$1,200 per ounce and a US$2.10 per ton mining cost with gold recovery ranging from 80 – 88% depending upon rock type.
- Sterling non-pit constrained resources below the surface pit and targeted for underground mining are based on a gold price of US$1,200 per ounce and mining costs of $US45 per ton. Other modifying factors remain unchanged.
- Gold recovery estimated to range from 80 – 88% depending upon rock type.
- The Mineral Resource estimate has been prepared by Derek Loveday, P. Geo. of Norwest Corporation in conformity with CIM “Estimation of Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserves Best Practices” guidelines and are reported in accordance with the Canadian Securities Administrators NI43-101. Mineral resources are not mineral reserves and do not have demonstrated economic viability.
- District Scale Exploration in the Walker Lane. 116 square kilometer land package features five past producing open pit and two underground gold mines with resources open for expansion.
- Permitted to begin operations. The Bureau of Land Management has issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (“FONSI”) and approved the next phase of mining at the Sterling Mine. This permit was issued on May 12, 2016, is transferable, and has an indefinite term.
- Location. The Sterling Property is located approximately 185 kilometers NW of Las Vegas on the eastern flank of the Bare Mountains, in the Walker Lane Trend.
For further information on the Sterling Property please visit the Company’s website, or refer to the technical report on the Sterling Property filed on June 18, 2017.
About Northern Empire
Northern Empire is an aggressive, Vancouver based, gold explorer working to take advantage of the current improving market conditions by assembling a value driven portfolio of properties.
Michael G. Allen, P. Geo., President of Northern Empire, and a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101, has reviewed the technical information contained in this news release. He is the non-independent qualified person for this news release and has verified the data.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF NORTHERN EMPIRE RESOURCES CORP.
“Michael G. Allen”
President, CEO and Director
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS NEWS RELEASE.
Certain information set forth in this news release contains “forward-looking statement”, and “forward-looking information” under applicable securities laws. Except for statements of historical fact, certain information contained herein constitutes forward-looking statements, which include the Company’s expectations about the completion of the proposed private placement future performance based on current results and expected cash costs and are based on the Company’s current internal expectations, estimates, projections, assumptions and beliefs, which may prove to be incorrect. Some of the forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as “will”, “expects”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “projects”, “plans”, and similar expressions. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and undue reliance should not be placed on them. Such forward-looking statements necessarily involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which, may cause the Company’s actual performance and financial results in future periods to differ materially from any projects of future performance or results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statement. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: ability to raise sufficient funds for the acquisition; liabilities inherent in mine development and production; geological risks, the financial markets generally, the results of the due diligence investigations to be conducted by the Company, the ability of the Company to complete the Private Placement or obtain requisite TSX Venture Exchange acceptance. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statement will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipate in such statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if circumstances or management’s estimates or opinions should change except as required by applicable securities laws. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
For further information contact:
Michael G. Allen, President, CEO and Director
Tel: 604 646 4524
Jeff Sundar, Director
Tel: 604 646 8356